Area Designer[edit | edit source]
Directions[edit | edit source]
- 4s*7e*10n*2e*6n*e*s (from Midgaard Temple)
Reset Time:[edit | edit source]
- 20 minutes (empty)
Story/History[edit | edit source]
- Since time immemorial, Aralu, the Kingdom of the Dead, has harbored the lost and disturbed souls that once inhabited the mortal world.
- It is an evil place, untouched by the passing of time, ruled over by a Dread Lord and his Queen. For centuries, it had been thought lost, destroyed by the cataclysm that wrecked the world many ages ago.
- Now recent tales have surfaced, brought back by brave adventurers from the north: rumors of a huge dragon-like creature that stalks a stonelike forest. Confused and delirious, the survivors of those terrors are nearly unintelligible. The only common thread to their tales is that the kingdom lies somewhere north and east of the great city of Midgaard.
Kasir's Clue:[edit | edit source]
- If you discover the small leather-bound diary, you'll find this clue:
- This looks like a diary or account of the travels of the wandering
scholar Thereus, it tells of his many travels. Included in it is an account of
his final journey...Here, Aralu. It tells how he tricked his way past Nergi by
dressing in the clothes of a dead warrior and how eventually he gained entrance
past the black door, by assembling the four keys...The last few pages however
make almost no sense to you. Seemingly the ravings of a mad man, desolate
plains, fiery skies, and howling winds...
- This looks like a diary or account of the travels of the wandering
Mobs of Note[edit | edit source]
- Kasir - (blood red broach, rotting flesh vest), Narre - (bracers of damnation, golden dragon tattoos), Nergi - (bone staff - part of the Staff of Many Parts, jeweled skull spike), Peist - (chameleon cloak), Storm Warrior - (ornate silver belt), Bainte - (twisted clawed gauntlets) any mob in the Castle exterior - bone ring, Mannam, High Priestess (bloody silver dirk), incensed worshippers (spawn on death of priestess) and the enigmatic Goddesses of the Dark Elements, Sedu (sandstone cube), Zu (stormbird's feather), Ninurta (dancing flame), Iaida (flawless pearl).
- The Four Goddesses of Aralu cannot be reached via standard travel as they are located in an !door room.
General Zone Strategies[edit | edit source]
- As you enter the area (Stone Forest), keep an eye out for the invisible/hidden Peist (chameleon cloak). He's a surprise if you're !glow and not prepared to be 3x ANNIH. He's !phys, too.
- The Storm Warrior (mob keyword: "warrior") is west of the entrance in A Peaceful Grove. If you let him area, you can use the Lost Souls as pets to help beat him down. Sometimes you get lucky and the Peist is in the grove with the Storm Warrior. The Warrior can be subdued with Bardic, Ranger and Clerical debuffs. He won't purge glow or buffs, but will liberally area. Keep your healer out and PFE if possible, to stay out of Peist combat.
- (A part of the Deathly Hallows loads crash only! in the small sapling in The Clearing here.)
- Work your way south past the blocking Baintes and get the bone key to the main gate from Nergi. He tosses and has an entropy proc. Be advised. (Nergi loads the Bone Staff which is part of the Staff of Many Parts.)
- Use his key to enter his private quarters. You'll find an invisible chest containing the rotting flesh vest and a jeweled skull +cha holdable treasure item.
- Pick up the glimmer of hope from inside the corpse as you enter the Castle. You'll need this key after gaining entry to Mannam's Keep.
- Watch for wandering aggressive elite guardsmen in Aralu.
- To access Mannam's Keep, collect the black metal key parts from the Armourer (west from gong under Hall of the Fallen, pick only), the fountain well in the center of the Keep Square (inside well, crash only!), Kasir (east off the Square in barracks) and Narre (above the library). The metal key parts are max limit 3 (three iterations in game before the load is blocked), and the Kasir and Narre equipment loads will be blocked if those parts reach their max limit. If you are farming Kasir and Narre items, make sure you junk the key parts.
- Once you have all four key parts, "make key" to enter the Keep door and use the glimmer of hope to unlock the mouth. Keep in mind that the fountain key is crash only, so you'll get access to the Keep once per uptime. Prepare for a long gate watch if you're farming the Jeweled Skull Spike.
- Mannam is all south along the corridor. Take a quick hike east halfway down the hallway to the High Priestess.
- South past three pairs of Frei-Froide warriors is Mannam and his consort Asherat. They occupy an !magic room.
- Asherat is aggro! Take her down first. Use your striking Sohei to dispatch the tossing, entropy-pointing Mannam.
- The demon room is not accessible by doors and is teleport only.
Equipment:[edit | edit source]
|blood red broach||neck||Kasir||6.0%||mL 20 !twpnr -4 ss 25 mana|
|golden dragon tattoos||arm||Narre||7.0%||mL 13 !cpa 2 ac 10 mana 20% hpR perma regenerate|
|jewelled skull spike||weapon||Mannam||5.0%||mL 20 !mcpnrb 8D3 16.0 avg 3 dam 2 str|
|chameleon cloak||about||Peist||7.0%||mL 15 !rests 30 ac 1 dam -5 hp|
|staff, bone||weapon||Nergi||9.0%||mL 15 !rests 9D2 13.5 avg 3 hit 3 dam|
|crossbow pistol||weapon||Armourer||2.0%||mL 12 !rests 4D4 10.0 avg|
|belt, ornate silver||waist||Storm Warrior||3.0%||mL 21 cp! !e 1 str perma pfe|
|Bracer of Damnation||wrist||Mannam||5.0%||mL 17 !b 2 dam perma detect invis|
|scimitar, night black||weapon||lieutenant||10.0%||mL 11 !mcp !g 3D7 12.0 avg 3 dam 2 dex|
|curved silver dirk||weapon||High Priestess||15.0%||mL 5 !c e! 3D5 9.0 avg 2 hit 2 dam|
|black piece of metal||assembly||Armourer||mL 0 !rests|
|black piece of metal||assembly||fountain||mL 0 !rests|
|black piece of metal||assembly||Kasir||mL 0 !rests|
|black piece of metal||assembly||Narre||mL 0 !rests|
|gauntlets, twisted clawed||hand||Bainte||15.0%||mL 10 !ctp !g 2 ac 1 dam -1 dex|
|blacksmith's hammer||weapon||Armourer||25.0%||mL 10 !t n! 4D4 10.0 avg|
|dancing flame||key||Ninurta||5.0%||mL 0 !rests|
|flawless pearl||key||Iaida||5.0%||mL 0 !rests|
|sandstone cube||key||Sedu||5.0%||mL 0 !rests|
|stormbird's feather||key||Zu||5.0%||mL 0 !rests|
|spear, black metal||missile||elite guardsman||25.0%||mL 6 !mctb 3D6 10.5 avg|
|spear, black metal||missile||lieutenant||25.0%||mL 6 !mctb 3D6 10.5 avg|
|tarnished scalemail leggings||leg||Kasir||mL 14 !mcpjsb !g 30 ac 8% hpR|
|vest of rotting flesh||body||Nergi's iron bound chest||mL 12 !cpj 8% hpR|
|robe, metallic||about||Narre||mL 12 !ctw !n perma armor|
|skull, bone jeweled||hold||Nergi's iron bound chest||mL 17 !g 2 cha -10 hp|
|breastplate, black metal||body||elite guardsman||mL 5 !mjtr enchantable|
|greaves, black metal||leg||elite guardsman||mL 5 !mtr enchantable|
|apron, leather||body||Armourer||mL 1 !rests|
|chest, Nergi's ironbound||container||on ground||mL 1 !rests|
|coin, silver||trash||lost soul||mL 1 !rests|
|ring, bone||ring||Nergi||mL 1 !pj e! perma bless|
|bone||key||Nergi||mL 0 !rests key to Aralu gate|
key to Nergi's Quarters
|glimmer of hope||key||half-rotten corpse||mL 0 !rests key to mouth inside Keep door|
|small leatherbound book||note||Kasir||mL 0 !rests|
|The Resurrection Stone||wand||(Stone Clearing/tree)||mL 0 !rests crash only!|
Maps:[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.