Zone Writer:[edit | edit source]
Location:[edit | edit source]
- From NT Central Square:
- w*w*w*w*w*w*w*w*w*s*w*w*w*w*n*w*n*nw*ne*e*ne*nw*nw*ne*open door*open gate*sw*se*e*ne*se*e*ne*nw*u
Reset Time:[edit | edit source]
- 30 minutes (empty)
Story/History:[edit | edit source]
- Long forgotten among the peaks of a towering mountain, a once glorious, bustling city lies in ruin, covered in ash and overrun by Dragons. So much time has passed since the day that changed this beautiful town, once called Princess Town, that no one truly remembers its full history. A recent earthquake that ravaged the mountainside opened a path to the city that had not been there before. It is said that the sights in the city tells the story of what happened that tragic day, but beware dragons do not like intruders.
- As you navigate the ruins along the major avenues, you'll discover clues revealing the fate of the citizens of the still smoldering village. The battle, if you could call it a battle, lasted twelve hours before the town was laid waste. It has been rumored that defeat would have come more quickly but for the valiant efforts of the Gnomes and an airship of arcane science. The Gnomes and their airship attempted, in vain, to rally assistance from the Great Eagles.
- Now you are asked to save the City and restore Princess Town for humankind.
Mobs of Note:[edit | edit source]
- Holy Knight (blessing of the Queen), dragon assassin (bucket of black paint), small dragon (aggro!), young dragon, Salmizan (red shield, stone key), dragon guards, Great Dragon Guard (human bone key), Helmanos (blue shield, chalice), Vansilmo (black shield, black armlets), Shahallah (white shield, hilt of a bright sword), Zareef (green shield, dragonhide leggings, armor of mithril and green scales)
General Zone Strategy:[edit | edit source]
- The large invisible firedragons (keyword fire) sitting at the end of roads and the base of the grand stairway, are not aggro! and don't toss but are !calm and have memory. The large dragons (keyword large) wander, are aggro!, have memory, protect the innocent, and toss but are calmable. The small dragons (keyword small) are aggro! and have memory, but are calmable. The young dragons have only the memory! proc.
- Park your cleric at the Entrance and begin working the dragons, summoning when tossed or in need of heals. There is a safe room on the east side of the map, at the base of the grand stairs. Once you've worked the west side of the City, move to the eastern safe room.
Rangers take note! There is a ranger camp located in the small house near the southwest corner of the town. 2e 1n of the southwest corner bend.
- The main quest in Dragon City is to make a pair of powerful shields: the cpa! multi-colored dragonscale shield (+1 WIS 5% manaR) or the tn! pitchblack dragonscale shield (+2 DAM +1 DEX) .
- The clues for the shields are provided by King De Grance (King's Bedchamber, Sieged Castle) as he agonizes over the plight of his knight errant (Holy Knight, House, Dragon City).
- Find the colored dragons and acquire their respective shields. Only after you have all five shields, hunt down the dragon assassin and the Holy Knight for their special ingredients (bucket of war paint / blessing of the Queen) to make either shield. These ingredients are !rent.
- To begin, find Salmizan (red dragon) in the Dragon Shrine for his key to the Dragon Temple. To give yourself some space to drop Salmizan, you may want to clear the area of the ever annoying small dragons who will aggro! and the large dragons who will assist. Gate-walk in your squad and done. If you choose to W/C, keep in mind that Salmizan will PZAR. Salmizan will occasionally area, so take precautions if you keep your cleric in the room.
- Defeat the blocking guard and gain access to the several tiers of Temple. The entire Temple is !gate. Squads won't work well in here as you'll have to leave the zone for gate-walking. (The zone is a fast empty reset.) Work your way up to the Grand Hallway, and take on the colored dragons in order:
- Helmanos (the blue dragon) can be fully debuffed (not aggro!) and will area. Cleric should park one room south. Because he entropies aggressively, don't bother with buffs or glows, but plan to spot heal instead. Don't let your tank's HP dip below 250 due to occasional triple entropies.
- Vansilmo (the dark dragon) can be fully debuffed. He is aggro! and areas so the cleric should stay out of melee to summon entangled debuffers and spot heal tanks. Because he entropies aggressively, don't bother with buffs or glows, but plan to spot heal instead. Don't let your tank's HP dip below 250 due to occasional triple entropies.
- Shahallah (the white dragon) can be fully debuffed. She is aggro! and areas so the cleric should stay out of melee to summon entangled debuffers and spot heal tanks. Because she entropies aggressively, don't bother with buffs or glows, but plan to spot heal instead. Don't let your tank's HP dip below 250 due to occasional triple entropies.
- Zareef (the green dragon) is the final dragon and can be fully debuffed. She is aggro! and once again, due to area casting mischief, the cleric should stay out to summon entangled debuffers and spot heal tanks. Because she entropies aggressively, don't bother with buffs or glows, but plan to spot heal instead. Don't let your tank's HP dip below 250 due to occasional triple entropies. Making matters mores, Zareef will fido corpses and will janitor your equipment, that is, she will eat corpses and pick up the most expensive item on the ground (usually a water container). Proceed accordingly.
- BEWARE the DT ( Dragon Bath) northeast of Zareef.
Assembly:[edit | edit source]
- To make the multi-colored dragonscale shield, gather the five different shields and a Queen's blessing.
- To make the pitchblack dragonscale shield, gather the five different shields and a bucket of black paint.
Equipment:[edit | edit source]
|the Queen's Blessing||assembly||The Holy Knight||7.0%||mL 0 cpm! !n 2 ac multi-colored dragonscale shield|
|bucket of black war paint||assembly||dragon assassin||7.0%||mL 0 tn! !n -1 wis -5% mnR|
|armor of mithril and green dragon scales||body||Zareef||3.0%||mL 24 !mctsb 24 ac 2 dam -1 str|
|dragonhide leggings||leg||Zareef||1.0%||mL 20 wab! !g 20 ac 1 dam 1 str|
|green dragonscale shield||shield||Zareef (green)||3.0%||mL 16 cpa! 4 ac 1 wis 1% mnR|
|black dragonscale shield||shield||Vansilmo (black)||13.0%||mL 16 cpa! 3 ac 1% mnR|
|blue dragonscale shield||shield||Helmanos (blue)||13.0%||mL 16 cpa! 3 ac 1% mnR|
|red dragonscale shield||shield||Salmizan (red)||13.0%||mL 16 cpa! n! 3 ac 1% mnR|
|white dragonscale shield||shield||Shahallah (white)||13.0%||mL 16 cpa! n! 3 ac 1% mnR|
|set of black jeweled armlets||arm||Vansilmo (black)||15.0%||mL 24 rb! 1 ac 1 dam -5 hp|
|hilt of a bright sword||neck||Shahallah (white)||15.0%||mL 0 !twn !n 3 ac 1 wis 1 con|
|diamond encrusted chalice||canteen||Helmanos (blue)||15.0%||mL 0 !rests 2 cha|
|multi-colored dragonscale shield||shield||assembly||mL 20 cpa! !n 12 ac 1 wis 5% mnR five shields + queen's blessing|
|pitch black dragonscale shield||shield||assembly||mL 23 tn! !n 12 ac 2 dam 1 dex five shields + bucket of black paint|
|pants, tattered slave||leg||dragon slave||mL 0 !mcpab 6 ac 12 mov 4 hp|
|firedragon's tail||weapon||*large firedragon||mL 0 !cm 2D5 6.0 avg 2 hit 2 dam|
|sleeves, dirty old||arm||dragon slave||mL 0 !rests 1 ac 1 con|
Maps:[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.