- Kailyn is the only member of the admin who will perform namechanges,and they are subject to the following restrictions:
- The name must not be currently in use.
- Character to be renamed has to be naked and remain that way until next uptime.
- Kailyn reserves the right to refuse to assign any name that would be inappropriate (the same kinds of names the game automatically refuses at the creation menu)
- Namechange is not capable of adding capital letters in the middle of a name (such as BardSimpson). Only the first letter of a namechanged character's name will be capitalized.
- The player also has to accept the risk that if something goes wrong, the char might be deleted and be completely unrecoverable.
- Characters who receive name changes must continue to log in under their previous names until the next uptime.
- To request a namechange, send email (not mudmail!) to Kailyn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include
- the name of the character you want renamed,
- the name you would like to have,
- the password to the character
- and the password to the character which previously had the name you want, (if you deleted the character to free up the name),
- acknowledgement that you realize the character will be logged on in your absence and that you accept the risk that the character may be lost.
- Please do NOT create newbies with the name you want, either with or without deleting them! This makes the namechange process much longer and more complicated. Thanks!