South across the Great Inland Sea from the Wandering ship.
d*s*s*e*e*e*se*se*se (from Punketah's ship deck)
- Scholars and diplomats of all the lands travel to the lighthouse of Wealtheo, leader of the wise owls. They praise the learning and skill of these feathered champions of light who are ever-watchful for trouble at sea and in the hearts of men. Those who have returned from the lighthouse speak of the hospitality of the owls, but hint that there is a darkness in the place that made them glad to return home. Only players under level 20 may enter the Owlery.
Mobs of Note:Edit
- barred owls (they guard proc: assisting the mob or PC in the room with the highest alignment) block room exits, on the third floor of the lighthouse, you'll find some special mobs: Cornelia and the Statue of Nike (both hold keys) are !phys damage, while Greyfeather and Kellius are super low AC and big hp. The Statue has cleric procs and will use them liberally. The Mad Alchemist (key) in the basement can toss. Fizjeky, Mizraith's son (mystical netting), Hercumander (the dragon) and Mentor (a centaur) are easily defeated by a W. If you don't have canned offensive magic to bring to the party, you can use secondary fighting skills (like bash, pound, kick) to defeat the !phys mobs.
General Zone Strategies:Edit
- This is a maxlev 20 area.
- The best way to run it is with a mid-lev group with good spell casting support. If you're planning to run it 2xmulti, however, plan to use a hefty <W20 with good eq and hp. Keep a C18+ outside combat for quick summons and re-buffs and re-glows. Make the magical script copy book Alhandril (found in the Elven Village Quest) and buy plenty of parchment to make fireball scrolls. (Grab the fountain pen off of the foreman in New Thalos, and find parchment in the High Tower). The Statue of Nike typically requires six fireball scrolls.
- The barred owl guardians (banzai! and memory proc) will attack the most evil mobs in the room upon assist. If you are a good aligned character, you can clear the barred owls in the central stairwell.
- Because this zone is a "maxlev" (only characters up to level 20 can enter), the equipment is only useful for a short window of experience, between levels 15 and 19. This is widely known as "nerfing" where a weapon is basically useless overall.
- The trouble necessary to acquire these owlery weapons and armor is really not worth the life of the equipment in the long run.
|armlets, golden owl||Parliament of Owls||Grey Feather||arm||-20||!mcj||!g||9||2||1||1|
|rat, tiny dead||Parliament of Owls||owl||food||0||0||0|
|turban, sandy silk||Parliament of Owls||pilgrim||head||0||4||0||-3|
|candle, burning at both ends||Parliament of Owls||Cornellia||light||6||!mcjs||0||0||2%|
|light of love and wisdom||Parliament of Owls||Kellius||light||-20||!twa||!e||0||0||5%|
|war lantern||Parliament of Owls||red sash||light||3||0||0|
|torch of New Thalos||Parliament of Owls||sultan's guard||light||8||0||0|
|grey feather, owl||Parliament of Owls||barred owl guardian||neck||12||!mcpb||!g||6||0|
|feathers, stealth||Parliament of Owls||Grey Feather||neck||-20||!mcpjsrb||!g||4||2||1||1|
|tick||Parliament of Owls||Ramlet||neck||-20||!g||5||1||1|
|victory, fruit of||Parliament of Owls||Nike Statue||potion||0||0||0||1 x heal|
|jug dark white fluid||Parliament of Owls||owlet||potion||0||0||0||2 x rejuvenate, waterwalk|
|slime||Parliament of Owls||owlet||potion||0||0||0||2 x cure serious, remove poison|
|ring, black owl||Parliament of Owls||barred guardian owl||ring||5||!mcwparb||4||0|
|list of words||Parliament of Owls||owl||scroll||10||!rent||0||0||2 x monsum one|
|musings of wealtheo||Parliament of Owls||owl||scroll||0||0||0||sanctuary, 2 x teleport|
|pendant, owl||Parliament of Owls||owl||treasure||-20||0||0||-1||1|
|Ontological Musings of Wealtheo||Parliament of Owls||Wealtheo||treasure||0||0||0|
|Item of Terrible Power||Parliament of Owls||owl||wand||10||0||0||5 x sense life 20maxL|
|claws, owl||Parliament of Owls||barred owl guardian||weapon||8||!mcpajsb||6D2||9||-2||1||-3|
|netting, mystical silk||Parliament of Owls||Fizjeky||weapon||-20||!ctwn||1D1||1||-8||-4||-4|
|gavel of office||Parliament of Owls||parliamentarian||weapon||-20||4D4||10||2||1||1|
|pitchfork, devilish||Parliament of Owls||Xyzzy||weapon||0||!g||5D3||10||-1||1||-2|
|Ygolohcysp, Sword of Diplomacy||Parliament of Owls||Xyzzy||weapon||13||4D4||10||-1||-2||1|