Base zone: CAW (Curious Areas Workshop)
Modified by Onivel
6s2e2s10es2w (from Midgaard Temple)
- Rome is a busy metropolis, full of shops, nobles, and ordinary citizenry. Legend has it that the ancient and powerful Roman Gods live on a mountainside accessible only through a strange aquaduct system located somewhere in Rome. Adventurers find the pace of life here slow and pleasant. Rome, located on the western-most edge of the Great Eastern Desert, is a grand vacation from the perils most explorers experience everyday while traveling in that vast desert.
General Zone Strategies:Edit
- A relatively older zone with some basic SAC and mid-level equipment. Mt. OIympus features the still-powerful LBOLT and TBOLT weapons at Jupiter. Watch for the DT down from the arena in the coliseum.
- To access Caesar in his private office, defeat the Master Scheduler and use his diamond studded key. The pearl handled key opens a room south of Caesar. Find two senators and a page there. One of the senators has an aquamarine key that opens the double-hung doors south to the House of Commons.
- Going east of the Waiting Room, the Courtroom features the Bailiff with his steel key to the Judge's Chambers east of the Courtroom. South of the Courtroom, past the holding cells, is the torture chamber, featuring the aggro executioner and his mace.
- Onivel, the Supreme God, is up from the Waiting Room, and is attended by his four elite guards. Sleep them and dispatch Onivel. He doesn't step. If you're lucky, he'll have loaded a Phaser Mark IV weapon, a 6D6 (avg 21.0) +10 hit weapon.
- At the far end of the Clay Road, south of the Abandoned Gate, is Rome's weaponsmith, Titus Andronicus. His shopkeeper holds the double-sided key, unlocking the back room, south of his shop, where you'll find an aggro Titus Andronicus preparing to go to war in Ravenna. (A thematic stub added by Steppin in 1994-5 for thematic harmony with his new zone.)
- In the Coliseum, in Caesar's box, a nobleman holds the rusty key to the trapdoor above you, where the scorekeeper and team of adjudicators sit.
- Mercury, Mars and Venus are relatively easy mobs to take down as you work your way up the sides of Mt. Olympus. Keep in mind that these mobs will debuff you, or "throb" you, with entropies, and because they triple annihilate, your tank can still be taken out in a few rounds. They all toss, so be prepared.
- Jupiter "steps", that is, he cannot be debuffed.
|breast plate, bronze||Rome||Titus Andronicus||body||0||15||0||enchantable|
|key, steel||Rome||bailiff||key||0||0||0||sapphire ring|
|Crystal Necklace of Knowledge||Rome||Venus||neck||L||15||-10||6||3||3|
|flask||Rome||Froboz||potion||0||0||0||blind, curse, cause serious|
|ring, pewter||Rome||Roman Senator||ring||0||-3||9||-1||10|
|ornate||Rome||Froboz||scroll||0||0||0||2 x fireblast, ice storm|
|prototype||Rome||Froboz||wand||0||0||0||3 x fireball|
|sword, long||Rome||Caesar||weapon||0||1D10||6||4||2||2||best enchant|
|Jupiter's Lightning Bolt||Rome||Jupiter||weapon||20||!e||7D4||18||8||4||4|
|Jupiter's Lightning Bolt||Rome||Jupiter||weapon||20||5D5||15||0||-3||3|
|Mark IV Phaser Rifle||Rome||Onivel||weapon||25||6D6||21||10||10|
|sword, tempered||Rome||ticket master||weapon||0||3D5||9||2||2|
|bracelet, silver and gold||Rome||plaintiff||wrist||0||2||8||-2||10|