- Just outside Skara Brae's east gate north of the road. You know, past the catapults.
- King DeGrance's stronghold deep in the heart of the forests near Skara Brae has been bombarded by assaults of the worst kind. All efforts at a diplomatic solution have failed, and the force sent across the Great Sea to return with reinforcements has never returned. In the bowels of the castle, the wisest of men practice their arcane arts in hopes of saving their king, and immortalizing themselves.
Mobs of Note:Edit
- Wounded minotaur (clues to finding Doom), Cagliostro (Philosopher's Stone), Nurse ("Plaque Slayer" runed sword), King deGrance (woman's diamond ring), Queen deGrance (man's diamond ring, silky auburn hair bracelet), The Black Knight (longbow), The Royal Blacksmith (Smith's Hammer), The Vault Protector (onyx memorial stones), Armor-clad Fighters (iron girth), Brave Knights (Silver Platemail), Altotus' greyhound (jeweled collar), Wei Po-Yang (kau-sin ke).
- The zone writer originally wrote the area with a King and Queen "Le Grance" but it was implemented by JediMUD instead as "de Grance."
General Zone Strategies:Edit
- The armored knights are aggressive and have memory. The elite guards each block in a single direction, so if you can scare them into the same room, then have one toss the other into the proper configuration, you can run the keep for the entire uptime without the hassle of killing them.
- This elite blocks down:
- An elite guardsman stands here, protecting.
- Note the comma. Generally, I kill the east blocking elite first (no comma in description), then get my B30 to scare the "here, protecting" elite west, where he can no longer block.
- Count Cagliostro (Giuseppe Balsamo) steps forward, so your squad is useless down there.
- Geber, Hermes Trismegistus, Altotus,and his student, Paracelsus, are standard mobs. These great Alchemists, precusors to modern science, are all super wimpy, so be prepared to chase them down at the finish of melee. And no, the doors don't close.
- On the other hand, Wei-Po Yang is a magic user mob and will area, toss, and point at you, as well as qhealing and preventing flee.
- Altotus' greyhound eats corpses. The Count doesn't have memory. None of the lab mobs assist. Wei-Po and the Count prevent flee. Be prepared.
- Bring a picking thief for the vault protector and his onyx memorial stones.
|breast plate, shiny new||Sieged Castle||brave knight||body||12||!mctnrb||25||0||-4|
|onyx memorial stones||Sieged Castle||vault protector||body||5||!m||!e||0||2||2||5%||ephod|
|longbow||Sieged Castle||archer||fire-weapon||13||!c||3D5||9||0||15 / 6|
|longbow||Sieged Castle||black knight||fire-weapon||13||!cwpanjs||15D3||30||0||15 / 5|
|stone, philosopher's||Sieged Castle||Count Cagliostro||light||20||0||30||30||10%|
|ring, man's diamond||Sieged Castle||Queen De Grance||ring||L||15||!twpn||e!g||0||7||1||6|
|ring, woman's diamond||Sieged Castle||King De Grance||ring||0||0||1||1|
|shield, dented templar||Sieged Castle||Royal Blacksmith||shield||12||!mcjsrb||!n||5||0||8%|
|girth, iron||Sieged Castle||brave knight||waist||10||!mtn||8||1||-3||1|
|hammer, smith's||Sieged Castle||Royal Blacksmith||weapon||13||!mtns||3D5||9||0||enchantable|
|bracelet, tightly-woven silky auburn hair||Sieged Castle||Queen De Grance||wrist||L||22||!mcb||!e||1||-1||3||-4|