Exxon (of SillyMUD)
- 6n6es (from New Thalos central square)
- 'play chess' to enter
'hit clock' to exit
- The game of chess, invented by the Indians in prehistoric times, survives today as the classic game of strategy and thought, and also as an area on JediMud! That's right, you can match your strategy and prowess in battle with rooks, bishops, knights, kings, and queens. Where the chessboard is located is a mystery, but there is a rumor that certain old men in New Thalos, chessmasters to a one, might have a clue as to its whereabouts.
- The earliest predecessor of the game probably originated in India, before the 6th century AD; a minority of historians believe the game originated in China. From India, the game spread to Persia. When the Arabs conquered Persia, chess was taken up by the Muslim world and subsequently spread to Southern Europe.
Mobs of Note:Edit
- pawn - (sword, armor), rook - (armor), knight - (lance), bishop - (staff), queen - (crown), king - (sceptre)
General Zone Strategies:Edit
- The black rear rank pieces (Rook, Knight, Bishop, King and Queen) are aggressive. There are no DTs in this area.
- Treasure rooms are located below the Queens.
|Black Pawn's Armor||Chessboard||Black Pawn||body||0||!m||!g||9||0||enchantable|
|armor, black rook's||Chessboard||Black Rook||body||0||!m||!g||14||1||-2||1|
|White Pawn's Armor||Chessboard||White Pawn||body||0||!m||!e||9||0|
|armor, white rook's||Chessboard||White Rook||body||0||!m||!e||14||1||-2||1|
|Crown, Black Queen's||Chessboard||Black Queen||head||0||e!||10||1||1|
|Crown, White Queen's||Chessboard||White Queen||622||head||0||0||0|
|staff, bishop||Chessboard||Black Bishop||hold||!ntw||!e||2D4||5||0||3 x cure critical|
|sceptre, black king's||Chessboard||Black King||hold||0||!g||0||1||-1||2|
|sceptre, white king's||Chessboard||White King||868||hold||0||!e||0||1||-1||2|
|staff, white bishop||Chessboard||White Bishop||wand||0||!twn||!e||0||0||3 x cure critic|
|Black Pawn's Sword||Chessboard||Black Pawn||weapon||0||!mc||!g||3D3||6||0||enchantable|
|lance, black||Chessboard||Black Rook||weapon||0||!mc||!g||3D5||9||0|
|lance, white||Chessboard||White Knight||weapon||0||!mc||!e||3D5||9||0|