- Original zone written and tested by Amanda Eterniale & Builder_5, copyright 1993 by Curious Areas Workshop
- Modified for JediMUD by Valaria, 1997
- (from Bluto) to Scraggly Trail d*w*w*w*w*w*w*w*n*n*w*n*nw*ne*e*ne*nw*e*ne*se*e*ne*ne*n*ne*ne*e*se*sw*u
- (from Scraggly Trail) to Intersection e*d*e*e*e*e*s*s*e*e*e*e*e
- (from Intersection) to Dragon's Lair w*w*w*w*w*w*w*u*w*w*w*sw*ne*sw*u*s*
Story / History:Edit
- The Darkspine Mountains, a massive range southwest of New Thalos, divides the sunny valleys of King Welmar's Midgaard from the wastes of the Great Eastern Desert. Within its range are numerous peaks, as well as the village called "Three of Swords." Rumors abound concerning a great golden dragon who inhabits one of the volcanic peaks of this range. Brave adventurers daring enough (or foolish enough) to seek out this dragon should consult the villagers of Three of Swords for more information.
"Three of Swords" is a small quest area based very loosely upon an unpublished short story written by Builder_5. The original area consisted of 76 rooms, 20 mobs, and 26 objects. The area is fairly high-powered, but sectioned off for several different levels: 10-15, 15-20, and 25+.
Mobs of Note:Edit
- Aglandiir (hoopak)
General Zone Strategy:Edit
- Watch for the two DTs in this zone, one a room south of Aglandiir. The zone will reset occupied.
- Note the burned corpse in Aglandiir's Lair, that of the poor villager's daughter, brought to the dragon by the corsairs as an offering. The dragon crown worn by Aglandiir is !take once dropped on the ground.
- Aglandiir drops the hoopak (wield/hold mana regen) upon death, a PROC added later in the JediMUD timeline in order to combat locate scouting.
|tunic, black||Three of Swords||Robert the Black||body||0||18||-4||-4|
|zither, a big||Three of Swords||Aglandiir||2113||instrument||20||0||0|
|perfume, bottle of||Three of Swords||Aglandiir||other||0||11||1||10|
|azure vial||Three of Swords||Meg the Herbalist||potion||0||0||0||infra, sense life|
|clear||Three of Swords||Meg the Herbalist||potion||0||0||0||invisible|
|lumpy grey||Three of Swords||Meg the Herbalist||potion||0||0||0||armor|
|ruby red||Three of Swords||Meg the Herbalist||potion||0||0||0||detect invis, detect magic|
|vial, dun||Three of Swords||Aglandiir||2113||potion||0||0||0||1 x protection evil; 1 x good|
|dragon crown||Three of Swords||Aglandiir||2113||treasure||0||!take||0||0||requires 23/100 str|
|Manual of Aspiceret||Three of Swords||Aglandiir||10||treasure||0||0||0|
|perfume, barrel of||Three of Swords||Aglandiir||2113||treasure||0||0||0|
|statue of Aglandiir||Three of Swords||Aglandiir||2113||treasure||0||0||0|
|hoopak, decorative kender sling||Three of Swords||Aglandiir||2113||weapon||L||20||!n||0||2||2||5%|
|knife||Three of Swords||Colin||weapon||0||t!||!g||2D12||13||4||2||2||best enchant|
|nail||Three of Swords||slave||weapon||0||1D1||1||0|
|pick, mining||Three of Swords||man||weapon||0||1D4||3||0|
|scimitar||Three of Swords||Bandit||weapon||5||!mcrb||1D9||5||4||2||2|
|sword, long||Three of Swords||Robert the Black||weapon||5||!mctnjrb||!e||2D7||8||3||2||1|
|sword, short dagger||Three of Swords||Aglandiir||2113||weapon||L||10||n!||!n||6D4||15||5||3||2|